
Last weekend Brian's dad came to visit for the first time and see his new granddaughter. He was a great help taking care of Abby and painting our obnoxious turquoise bathroom. Brian and his dad had an opportunity to play golf and getting rained out gave them an excuse to buy a new golf club. Brian says he enjoys being a father because it gives him another day of the year to receive presents.
Abby, Joey and I went to my parent's house for the day. Grandma B. watched Abby while I was actually able to eat a meal from start to finish. My dad and I were able to sit, talk and listen to some worship music. Graham Kendrick wrote the song "Knowing You" which is both of our favorite worship song. We listened and meditated on the words. It was one of the sweetest moments I have spent with my dad. He had me read a devotional that touched his heart earlier that week. While reflecting on God's goodness and faithfulness, I was especially reminded of that this Father's day since my dad had been in the hospital with serious heart complications the week before. The past few weeks the Lord has been convicting me to be more focused on and thankful for what I do have rather than what I don't. I praise God for the wonderful, loving earthly father I have as well as an incredible heavenly Father above.
No comments:
Post a Comment