All Abby has been saying is that she wanted a Nemo cake for her birthday. Brian said it would be easiest to just buy one with an edible image on it, but I really had my mind set on making one. For awhile now I have wanted to experiment with fondant icing. It always looked like a lot of fun and being an artist it would give me the opportunity to create. Overall I think it turned out well for a first attempt. It was very time consuming, but worth it when we saw the look on Abby's face. I think the next one I do will be more simple :)
Here are some pictures from the party. Making homemade ice cream, wacking a pinata, cake, presents and running through a sprinkler! We would like to thank May-May and Grandma for tracking down all the wonderful Nemo supplies.
I agree, the cake is awesome. How great thou art! (A gift from God, right?). So neat - the whole party & we could tell Abby thoroughly enjoyed it all. What wonderful parents she has. Love you!
This is awesome! I can't help but think that your cake decorating skills began back in 2000 in the bakery at food lion!!!! This Nemo is pretty impressive. GREAT party - FUN memories - BEAUTIFUL Abby!
7 comments:
Rach, that cake turned out so great! You're awesome. It looks like Abby had a really great time!
turned out great! how did it taste?!
luv ya -rs
What a cute party! You did such an awsome job on the cake! And Abby, as always, looks adorable!
I agree, the cake is awesome. How great thou art! (A gift from God, right?). So neat - the whole party & we could tell Abby thoroughly enjoyed it all. What wonderful parents she has. Love you!
everyone said it tasted good. i thought so too. the fondant was just marshmallows and powder sugar, can't go wrong.
This is awesome! I can't help but think that your cake decorating skills began back in 2000 in the bakery at food lion!!!! This Nemo is pretty impressive. GREAT party - FUN memories - BEAUTIFUL Abby!
Wow Rach! Awesome cake!! I am impressed. Did you make the fondant from scratch or did you buy it premade?
Post a Comment