Sunday, September 23, 2007

Update on Rachel's health

Last week we met with a specialist and we were very pleased to hear what he had to say. He answered a lot of questions we had regarding my health. I'm am happy to say I have been feeling wonderful! My body has finally gone into remission thanks to the steroids I'm on. The goal is to be taken off the steroids and let a maintenance drug take over. The challenge is finding the right medication my body will respond to since the one I was on previously was making me nauseous and led to dehydration. The doctor said the illness is chronic and I will have it for the rest of my life, so this maintenance medication will be one I take everyday for the rest of my life. He also said it was very common for women to experience a flare up as I did after a pregnancy. Future pregnancies will be tricky, but hopefully with the help of the right drug, the ulcerative colitis will be under control and won't flare up again. God has been faithful in healing my body and I am extremely grateful. Brian and I are so happy to be getting our lives back to "normal" and truly enjoying life!

No comments: