I wrote this entry a little over a week ago and didn't post it because I guess I feel weird writing something quite personal on the internet for anyone to read. I was thinking about it today and realized that I need to be reaching out to people for prayer for my health and this is a great way to do that. If I'm not sharing my weaknesses and struggles I'm not giving others the ability to know how to pray for me. At this point, I can't afford to miss out on that opportunity.
I started taking this new probiotic (I mentioned before) this week. It's a bit strange eating over 900 billion live bacteria a day, but if it works then I'll do it. On one hand I would really like for this probiotic to work, but since the cost is $150 a week, part of me would like for it not to. Talk about being between a rock and a hard place. When I start to feel overwhelmed by all of this I turn my eyes to God and tell myself to take it one day at a time. He has brought me this far in life and there is no need to worry how I will make it through tomorrow if I don't get myself through today. Last night was quite interesting too. I had a dream that I was having knee replacement surgery. I woke up in the middle of the night with horrible arthritis in my left knee and muscle spasms shooting up and down my leg. For the last couple of days my joints have been very achy and giving out.
Thank you for continuing to read our blog. It means a lot to have friends and family interested in our lives. More importantly, having a support system of people caring and praying for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey! I am praying for you guys! I look at your blog ALL the time. I love the updates. CHeck out mine Nataliedownsouth@blogspot.com
Love,
Natalie
Thanks so much for sharing your journey. We will be praying for your health but also that God continues to teach you to have His eternal perspective! I'm so blessed to have you! I love you!
Hey Rach!
We are certainly praying for you! I have 4 very close friends with UC or Chrones and I know how hard it can be...anyways, Kevin and I take probiotics every day, and I thought you might be interested in thie diet regimen we follow b/c it was designed by a christian with extreme chrones who has got it compeltely under control for years...here is the web site, but the book is a really good read.
http://www.makersdiet.com
the brand we take is Garden of Life (the whole regimen is pricey, but it is less then 150)
We will keep praying for you & that you find a good alternative way to keep your flare-ups down!
Love your blog and so happy Abby is doing fine & has those 2 new teeth. Brian put Abby on my screen saver & she is there smiling at me every day. Rachel, we will keep you in our prayers & hope somewhere there is an answer for your problems (and hope its soon). Love you, g-g-James
Post a Comment